- The Baby Book (William and Martha Sears): a great all-around reference book that provides accurate, up-to-date information on infant health and nutrition
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (La Leche League International): the comprehensive guide on how (and why) to breastfeed your baby.
- The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers (Jack Newman): an easy reference guide for situations from common to complex.
- The No-Cry Sleep Solution (Elizabeth Pantley): realistic expectations coupled with practical tips to help everyone get a little more shut eye (or at least worry less about it).
Baby needs a library too, so why not pick up some of these special titles:
- We Like to Nurse (Chia Martin),
- Mama's Milk (Michael Elsohn Ross)
- The Best Gifts (Marsha Forchuk Skrypuch).